EHM Coach Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injury level

+4
Samuehl
Mehdi
Romain
aadam
8 posters

Go down

Injury level :

Injury level Vote_lcap23%Injury level Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Injury level Vote_lcap31%Injury level Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Injury level Vote_lcap8%Injury level Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Injury level Vote_lcap0%Injury level Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Injury level Vote_lcap15%Injury level Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Injury level Vote_lcap23%Injury level Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

Injury level Empty Injury level

Post  aadam Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:48 am

The even strenghts will not remain even for too long, because of the injuries... Losing 1 or 2 key player can cost one's season. A bit too much in a one-season-long tournament. Very Happy

I think we should set the injury level to 0 and recover all the players who suffered an injury in the 1st and 2nd sim.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

aadam

Back to top Go down

Injury level Empty Re: Injury level

Post  Romain Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:56 am

aadam wrote:The even strenght will not remain even for too long, because of the injuries... Losing 1 or 2 key player can cost one's season. A bit too much in a one-season-long tournament. Very Happy

I think we should set the injury level to 0 and recover all the players who suffered an injury in the 1st and 2nd sim.

Doesn't matter for qualification as every GM who has sent instructions will probably be qualified (first eliminated will be non-senders).

After that, we begin with a new GF, with all injuries set to zero. So we have to decide if we prefer to play with a non injury game. I post a poll for that, too...

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Romain

Back to top Go down

Post  Mehdi Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:03 am

you could put the injuries to 0 and every 2 months in game there could be one player that gets puts on the injury list for all the teams. Exemple: deegan injured or suspennded for 2 weeks or 5 games for all the teams. Like that we could see how each GM handles injuries and suspensions and it would add to the challenge.

Mehdi

Back to top Go down

Injury level Empty Injury level

Post  Romain Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:05 am

In the real tournament (regular season), we will start with all players in good shape (no injuries). Now, injury level is set to 120. So if we let it like this, yes, luck will have a part in this tournament. Do you want me to set this level to 0 or do you prefer a part of luck ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dans le vrai tournoi (saison régulière), on commencera avec tous les joueurs en forme (pas de blessures). Actuellement, le injury level est réglé à 120. Donc, si on laisse comme ça, c'est sûr que la chance jouera un rôle dans le tournoi. Voulez-vous que je mette ce paramètre à 0 ou préférez-vous laisser une part de chance?

Romain

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuehl Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:03 am

J'aime bien la solution de Mehdi.. Car si on enleve completement les blessures, ca simplifie la vie. Je crois que les qualités dun bon coach font qu'il peut joeur avec les imprévus et continuer à gagner.

--

I liek Mehdi's solution, sicne the qualities of a good coach should include handling injuries.

Samuehl

Back to top Go down

Post  MightyMat Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:40 am

Moi je suis d'accord avec le fait qu'une blessure, ça peut arriver à n'importe qui, au hasard, et que ça serait un peu exagéré de blesser le même joueur dans chaque équipe en même temps, pour voir comment tout le monde se démerde...

I think that an injury can occur at anytime, to any player in any team... That would be exagerated to injure the same player in every team at same time, just to see how everyone reacts in adversity...

MightyMat

Back to top Go down

Post  storm[hun] Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:04 am

yup, i agree with mehdi's idea.
the game utilizes the random factor very much without having to deal with random injuries.

so set to 0, and in every two sims, roll a dice. if it hits a pre-determined margin, injure a player, the same for every team.

storm[hun]

Back to top Go down

Post  Romain Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:28 am

Just think about something :
- if we suspend a player for a determinated time (let's say 1 EHM month), even strenghts is not exact because some teams will play 9 games and others will play only 7 during this period...
- if we suspend a player for a same total of games (let's say 6 games), even strenghts doesn't remain cause some teams with their suspended player will have to face other teams where suspension is finished (because of not the same calendar)

Finally, despite all our efforts, luck will probably have its part, even in Mehdi's proposition.

Romain

Back to top Go down

Post  storm[hun] Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:04 pm

sure it will, but it will affect less, than in a totally random system.

storm[hun]

Back to top Go down

Injury level Empty other ideas about it:

Post  NicoBDL Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:30 pm

I Have another solution to this problem...
I enjoy the fact that "luck" can occur... In fact, badluck Smile In an entire seaon, You'll have time to find solutions, so I wthink we should keep injuries going (but maybe at a lower level thant 120). There is luck, but also, if you put a tiny player with bad injury prone for 40min on the ice, in HG plays, ok, you force the bad luck, don't you think?
And for the one who are very very unlucky, maybe we could propose something like this: if a team have more than 3 injuries, we delete the last injury...

And Another thing... in a season, you have 82 games to decide of your results, but in PO, only 4 games if you loose fast... So I would propose that for the regular season, we let the injuries, but not for the PO... because it would be very much penalizing for the coach...

What do you think of this?

NicoBDL

Back to top Go down

Post  Romain Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:37 pm

Good contribution to the debate Nico! I like your proposition, except the one to delete some injuries in case of more than 3.
But we can set injury level to 90 for regular season and let the bad luck acts (at this level, I think 3 injured in the same team should be very rare). Then, after regular season, we can decide with the 16 qualified GMs what to do next....

Romain

Back to top Go down

Post  storm[hun] Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:53 pm

the problem is with this, that the injury length is purely random.
so if the 90-penaltylevel strikes, in one team it can hit a player to dtd, but in the other it can be an indef.
and according to an indef - it's very very does not matter if this team will have only two more injuries in the season...

storm[hun]

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevus23 Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:41 am

I would say that I prefer the "status quo" which would be a better challenge than if we injure random every 2-3 sims. The Calendar aren't the same as Romain said and this would be unfair for many team even more than getting a own player injure. And Also the point that Nice gave us is the way you play influence the way your player morelike or lesslike to get injured. We all know some fact on EHM and we all know how to get less player injured. If you play the famous tactics which consist to keep your star player on the ice 40min per game and he gets injured if after that you aren't even able to win game it will prouve that you might not be the greatest GM ever and you might be able to get trough injury.

Kevus23

Back to top Go down

Post  storm[hun] Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:02 am

hm... i play this since a time and aadam way way more [like 50 singleplayer seasons, or how was it?] but i don't really know, how to save my players from injury...

what's your miracle? Smile

storm[hun]

Back to top Go down

Post  aadam Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:09 am

storm(hun) wrote:hm... i play this since a time and aadam way way more [like 50 singleplayer seasons, or how was it?] but i don't really know, how to save my players from injury...
Yes, I think I stoped playing in 2052. Very Happy But I didn't really tried to save my players from injury, in fact I set the injury level to 200 to keep myself entertained. Smile I don't think there might be a miracle, like, 5'9-180 lbs forwards shouldn't play HG - do they injure themselves when giving a hit, or what? Very Happy

aadam

Back to top Go down

Post  storm[hun] Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:10 am

180lbs is biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig... Smile svatos is like 165 or such... Smile

storm[hun]

Back to top Go down

Post  Romain Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:10 am

Seems we won't change anything...

Romain

Back to top Go down

Post  storm[hun] Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:42 pm

i don't know, how the others do, but i had 7 games this far - and 5 injuries. as we go with 3 games approx. per team per sim, this get's too much out of the hands of the gm... imho.
this means that 5 of 7 games were played not with my tactics and lines.

i don't know, how romain handles injuries, but if there's autolines every time, then we won't have the best coach at the end, but the most lucky...

storm[hun]

Back to top Go down

Post  Romain Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 am

I'm not absolutely sure, but, if I remember well, you played all your games with the correct lines.

When I have an injury in pro, here is what I do :
1/ if it's a DtD, I activate the player (I think it was always the case for your team)
2/ if I can't activate him, I try to search the most compatible available player to complete the lines (so I don't change global tactics)
3/ if it's too complicated to do this (generally more than 1 injured player), i use autolines. But I think I didn't do this at this time in the tournament, for any of the teams (so, not so bad!)

For Farms, I try to activate and, if impossible, I directly use autolines....

Wink

Romain

Back to top Go down

Post  storm[hun] Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:52 am

a little better - but still not the best:)
this is the same luck factor we talked about.

storm[hun]

Back to top Go down

Post  Romain Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 am

Exactly Storm! But GMs voted, and they choosed to keep it the same. So we have to deal with injuries now...

Romain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum